Friday, 31 May 2013

This blog isn't dead, it's just resting

It's a bit quiet around here isn't it. Well the good news is that the blog isn't dead. The bad news is that my game is currently on a hiatus because my job has gone bonkers busy.

In theory this gives me a little bit more time to do prep-work and write up ideas about my campaign world. In practice what happens is that I lack any kind of focus to concentrate on one idea long enough to finish it so I end up with lots of half-finished bits of nothing. This is deeply frustrating, and rather demoralising. If that wasn't bad enough, I'm a very analytical thinker which means I often over think ideas - this does not help to get ideas completed either.

So.. I came up with an idea. It may or may not work but it's worth a try.

The power of the Google+ Hive Mind. Give me a topic to write about, and a word limit. Anything you like, within reason. 

Preferably related to my campaign. I'm running ACKs (Adventurer Conqueror King) with a few house rules. I've answered Jeffs 20 Questions previously, which can be found here. I'll queue up ideas and knock them off one by one, at least once a week. 

If this works, it'll give me some focused ideas to write about. If it doesn't, I've not lost anything.


No comments:

Post a Comment