Tuesday, 23 April 2013

Session 23-24 - Paige 12


So much has happened since the last time I had a second to stop and think. I could talk for a while about all of the little things - the stuff we found behind secret doors, the death machine experiment, potions and unguents and make-believe gems, plus some more tinkertalk at an archmage - but all of it's stuck behind this huge shadow of Bomani turning to stone right. in. front. of. my. eyes.

In fact, right in front of my eyes right as I was pretty much telling him not to put on the cursed glasses.

I don't know whether I should be kicking myself for not speaking faster, or kicking him for no- I know, I know, kicking him right now would hurt.  Stone.  Got it.  Either way, one second he was there mostly intact and breathing, and the next he was solid rock.

I could more or less deal with it when we dragged him back to Sunstep and turned his corpse back into a proper person, but this seems one step removed - he's not flesh anymore, let alone alive.  Quill and Sister Stare and the archmage have all said that it's more expensive and complicated than "just" bringing someone back from the dead, and we're waiting to find out just how much we'll have to find to make it all happen.

So there's that.

After we brought back Yannick's Ornamental Dead Cat from Zod's dungeon, the archmage has gotten more interested in what's still there and has saddled us with his minion Quintus.  We're still without Ildis and Thowick, who haven't returned since selling the potions in Sunstep, so while we follow up some leads to find out where they headed Quintus can make himself useful - having someone around with some magic smarts might help us figure out how to get into more secret rooms, if nothing else.

I made some money by selling Stuff to the archmage.  I don't think it'll be enough to bring Bomani back this time.  I hate the idea of leaving him back here, and Faruk is limping around and needs some money spent on fixing his leg - there's always something going on that'll cost us some money and push us a little bit further away from bringing Bomani back.

No comments:

Post a Comment