Tuesday, 12 July 2011

Changes coming to Blogger?

Having been dabbling with Google+ recently I got curious about whether or not you could post to G+ and syndicate it to Blogger - convergence of the two streams if you like. Five minutes research later (Answer: It doesn't look like it atm) I came across this: http://mashable.com/2011/07/05/google-blogger-picasa-rebranding/

If true, it may mean changes coming over the next few weeks to the Blogger platform which may have an impact on many of the OSR blogs out there that I currently read.

Hopefully, and in theory, this is a good thing, as it's simply a convergence of various social streams and will make it easier to view and read the content I'm interested in. However, I wonder if the law of unintended consequences will kick in. Certainly there is some amount of dissatisfaction with what's happening to Picassa, so I am wary of what will happen to Blogger.

Otoh.. it's not like I ever post anything here is it..

And if either of my 2 dear followers would like a Google+ invite I'd be happy to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment