After the excitement of the new visitor to the village - A Priestess of some considerable ability, who looks like this:
the party returned to the town to re-equip and sell some of the supplies they found to the Court Wizard of Auriga. They turned a pretty penny from that (1000gp) which has helped them in no small way. By the end of the session some more equipment as well as a cart and a pair of mules had been acquired and the party were headed back to the dungeon via the village.
Paige 9
It's been a few days, or probably weeks, since I've been
able to walk straight and think straight at once. Between rat bites,
stone floors and rusty dogfolk knives, it hasn't seemed like my armour
has really been achieving much - especially when Quill is flouncing
around in far less and managing to come out scar-free.
Not that I'm about to ditch the trousers and show it all to
the world like she does, but I could do with a quiet couple of weeks
where I don't lose a knee, or too much blood, or most of my mind. I do
feel better than I did, more capable of standing within a spear's length
of a fight without collapsing with some sort of dramatic wound, but I
might give it a few days before I test that.
Today was pay day for Halessa and Thowick, so they're
currently singing their way through the wine at the only inn in town
(surprisingly well, in H's case). I thought it was a week or two early,
but when Yannick paid his war band I could hardly go and spend my share
of the money on anything else. It might be the right time to pay them
anyway. It seems like I've spent a lot of time unconscious or halfway
there over the last month, so I'm not the best person to be keeping
track of the calendar.
I'm hoping that we can find some metal armour for H, since
her current stuff is about as flimsy as mine. My pouch was full of
wonderful clinking noises after I collected from the wizard, but buying
or commissioning the armour will clean me back out after we pay for our
new roof in our adopted home village. Adventuring is turning out to be
expensive but it's better for my sanity, let alone my body, to spend the
money on having H stand between me and the problem rather than paying
the priests to mend me again.
Once I've found the armourer, it's hopefully time for us to
join everyone in the inn to see if there's any wine left for
latecomers. The novelty of walking freely has been great all afternoon,
but knowing that there's a day's march between us and the village is
making me keen to find a stool and drink on it until my feet are numb
and it's time to sleep. Maybe H will sing a lullaby, which has to be
nicer than lying awake being serenaded by Yannick's snoring. Again.
No comments:
Post a Comment